Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Barriers Breached!

Today I breached two barriers I've been working towards overcoming: I ran 2 miles and I weighed in at under 150lbs! I don't remember if I have ever run 2 miles straight, and the last time I weighed les than 150lbs was probably well over a year ago. Fortunately, my two goals of training for the Pirate Plunder and reducing my body fat ratio go hand in hand! I'm not overly concerned with what the scale says, however the 'healthy' weight for my 5'3 frame is closer to 130lbs according to the BMI, however dated. I look at it as a good indicator, but the true test of fitness for me is if I can keep up the exercise and healthy eating. Along those lines, two more days do my vegan cooking challenge have seen me toasting pitas and creating an udon curry, mostly from scratch. My dinners are delicious, fairly nutritious, and an adventure to prepare. Plus, my co-teachers are usually intrigued by what I unpack. Just wait until my 30 Days of Bentos challenge! Thanks again for all your love and support!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, Maureen! We are eating pretty opposite, we follow the paleo diet. I've made a ton of new and interesting and yummy food too! :)

    What grade(s) are you working with? I've started subbing now that Alex is in 1st grade. I've been in a 5th grade room for a week and have one more week to go with them. Good thing I taught 5th grade for so long. Love reading your blog. Maybe it will inspire me to update mine. :( Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kerry! I am co-teaching 6th grade reading. Originally I wanted to teach math or science, but I am enjoying literacy so much, I now want to teach it too! I REALLY like teaching at the middle school level, so I'm hoping for a 6th, 7th, or 8th grade position after graduation.

      Delete
  2. PS I really miss you! I am hoping to come for a visit after graduation, in December or January!

    ReplyDelete